Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Need to say this

I am a 30 year old women who has been fighting her food addiction for as long as I can remember. How I got my reality check was rather simple. {1} when i found out my BMI was 60% and {2} when the doctor tells you that you are on the verge of diabetes as well as cardiac heart disease . I realized in that very moment that I had been living on borrowed time and that if I did not do something quick I would not make it to see 35. I have so much in my life i have yet to do and there was no way I was going to let my addiction kill me. We all suffer from some sort of addiction whether it be drugs alcohol sex gambling or yes for most of us its food. The problem with a food addiction is that unlike other addiction you need food to survive. So what do you do when your very addiction is what you need to stay alive. Well for me it was very simple it got my tiny 5'2 self up to 331 lbs and heading for an early grave. Yes there are some who feel my doctor got me in to early because it was about a month and they may be right but truth be told I would not change this for anything in the world. I also know that even if my friends feel this way they would want me around and I could have come up with excuse after excuse as to reasons why the surgery would not be good right now so instead what I did is really simple. I dove head first into the deep end and I am enjoying the swim that will save my life. I want to thank everyone who is supporting me though this journey and I hope you all know that my life would be so miserable if none of you were in it.  I also must thank the most amazing women in the world in 1980 she gave me life and in 2010 she gave me life again. Mom your the best and I love you more than you will ever know.

xoxo
Shelley

1 comment:

  1. I love yo girly and you know that we always will be here for you. true friends wouold do anything for one another no matter what that kmeans you might have to do

    ReplyDelete